TXTchat is for users over the age of 16 years only
How to TXTchat
- Choose a nickname that's short and easy for others to remember, and send the command N <nickname> to register with TXTchat (eg N QTPIE)
- Get a list of the different chat rooms you can join by sending the command RM. We've listed the current rooms below.
- Join a chat room that takes your fancy by sending the command J <name of the chat room> (eg J HOOKUP) You'll then receive a list of who's in that room.
- Start chatting by sending the TALK command T nickname of the person you want to chat with> eg T SPIKE
- There's just one easy number to remember: send all your messages to 220, leaving space between the command and your message
What does it cost?Just like TXT, it's 20 cents including GST for each message you send – and it's free to receive.
How do I stop it
If you want to take a break from chatting, use the SLEEP command. This will mean you won't receive any messages and others will receive a message saying you're 'sleeping'.
You can personalise this message like this: S Hi, I'm taking a break for a while. I'll chat with you again later.
To leave TXTchat completely simply send the END command, like this: E to 220.
- TXTchat is for over 16s Only. If we believe you are not over 16 we will block your access
- Protect your privacy – NEVER give out personal details such as your last name, phone number, address, email or any other types of identifying information.
- NEVER, under any circumstances, agree to meet someone in real life that you have met online. TXTchat is not responsible, nor shall be held liable for any consequences, should any person, or any member of TXTchat , who shall use the services provided by TXTchat , choose to meet person to person, outside of the TXTchat mobile text chat community environment.
- Chat is not Private and may be filtered and monitored.
- You use chat rooms at your own risk and are solely responsible for your actions.
- If you post content, which is in breach of our safety policy e.g. giving out personal information, you will be warned, or the content may be blocked, or removed and you may be blocked from access to the service.
- People may lie about their identity. Be careful of interactions with strangers. Do not engage in any conversations or activities that make you uncomfortable. Trust your instincts.
- All content and communication within TXTchat is considerd private and confidential. No content or communication from TXTchat may be distributed in any way, shape or form.
What it does
To register the user, and create the "nickname"
Sends a message to others
T Daisy Want to chat?
Supplies a list of chat rooms available
To see a description of what a chat room is about
Lets you join a room. You can join more than 1 room but each must be done individually
Lists who else is in a room
To change your nickname
To see your own nickname in case you forget
Supplies a list of all the different commands
To set your age
To set your sex
To set your location
To see the ASL (age, sex & location) of another chatter
To ignore another chatter
To stop ignoring other chatter's
To list all the chatter's you're ignoring
Lets you check on other chatters say about themselves
Leaves you in TXTchat but not active
To reverse the sleep command
1. If you've forgotten which rooms you belong to or
2. if you want to find the rooms someone else belongs to
2. F Daisy
To leave a chat room
To leave the chat system completely.